The site is 5km NW of the open moorland of Bodmin Moor, on the southern edge of the parish of Forrabury and Minster. The river in the north-south valley is that of the river Camel, which runs south towards the village of Camelford (1.5km due south). The Slaughterbridge carries the B3314. It bridges the river just south of the point where two water courses significantly increase the flow of the river. The geology is of slate.
Worthyvale Manor - Mentioned in the Domesday book, but the current building dates from the early 17th century, extended and remodelled by the Boscawen family in the late 17th and early 18th centuries.
Walled Garden - A surviving part of the garden along the driveway.
Folly Mound - A low mound which may have been topped with a folly once stood here. Now the site is occupied by a modern house.
Lady Falmouth's Garden - The remains consist of; small cascades in the river, rock-cut steps, a large mosiac of quartz cobbles with traces of seating, and the Arthur Stone lieing at the foot of a river cliff. Built during the mid 18th century by Charlotte Boscawen. The cobbled mosiac bears the initials CF, Charlotte Falmouth.
Arthur's Stone - The 6th century stone memorial with an inscription in latin and ogham. It was moved here by Lady Falmouth, from where it had been part of a bridge.
Ford - Built of large granite blocks, with a field boundary aligned upon it, indicating the course of a road. It must predate the 17th or 18th century driveway of Worthyvale Manor.
Slaughterbridge - 17th or 18th century bridge that incorporated the gate piers to the drive of Worthyvale Manor.
Mill & leat - Earthworks now partly covered by trees.
Old Melorn - A medieval village is first recorded here in 1296. 18th century documents refer only to a farm here. The Tithe Map shows nothing here except a field named Melorn. The earthworks of a series of buildings are all that remains above ground. These are partly covered by the square earthwork shown on the Ordnance Survey map of 1887.